Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The end of Summer

The last few months being at home with my three sons have been great. We have been swimming almost everday, We have camped. We have done nothing. This summer is offically over for me tomorrow and I am sad. My five year old starts real school this year. He thinks he's excited, but he's not sure how to react yet. I know how I'm going to react. Levi is such a wonderful little boy. He's ALL boy. He does things without the thought of I may get hurt. He's tough, loud and knows it all. He adores his older brothers, and can rumble with the best of them. I took Levi to the fabric store with me last week. I made sure to buy him something to eat from Sonic, just so he wouldn't have to come in the store with me and he could sit outside on a bench. I could see him clearly. He sat down, bag in hand, feet dangling and was happily eating his lunch. 5 minutes!! That's all I need! I picked out a fabulous piece of fabric with some ribbon and paid the lady. I didn't even stop to chat about world events or the fact this was my first attempt at curtains. My baby was waiting for me. He said he had chatted with no one, just as I instructed. He said he threw his bag away, just as I instructed, and he said he didn't even move from his spot, just as I instructed..except for that time he had to really pee. Of course he points out a huge river of pee coming from the side of the pillar in front of the fabric store.

He told me in a matter of fact manner, that he had to go, and he thought it was a perfect spot. Of course in my mind I'm thinking about the hundreds of women that were coming in and out of this store, and watching my son standing there peeing, and to think he could have been greeting them with a wave and a smile too! The river of pee was already making it's way next door. I explained to Levi that public peeing was frowned upon my old women coming in and out of fabric stores, and although he didn't want to leave his post, it would be ok to come in and pee in private. He said no one really saw him and he'd stop his stream if someone came in or out. Reminder to self, teach incognito. I'm hoping that those women that did get a private showing looked at Levi's blue eyes and was put into a small trance and soon forgot what they saw.



I know his future teachers will certainly love Levi. They will surly grow to enjoy his view of the world as much as I have. If I can keep him from peeing in public places, or saying dammit when he's mad, or even keeping his temper in check, then I think we'll have a pretty good year. This deserves a continual update.

1 comment:

  1. Ok, waiting for you to post some stories--like 'friggin', and and and... hmm... the others. Now. I mean it. Or I will.

    Just sayin'...

    ReplyDelete